[l2h] how get LaTeX2HTML to work under Windows XP with LATESTdistros?

Steve Mayer mayer at dial.pipex.com
Sun Oct 24 22:26:35 CEST 2004

> Can anybody tell me how to actually get the LATEST distribution of LaTeX2HTML (latex2html-2002-2-1) to work with the
> current MiKTeX under Windows (XP) using also the current distribution of netpbm (27 December 2003, at
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/netpbm.htm)?
>
> The documentation at
>
>   http://www.mayer.dial.pipex.com/l2h.htm
>
> is nearly 5 years old!  And, as I've posted here before, the result of following those instructions simply does not
> work.
>
> (I've frittered away endless hours so far on this.  At one point I gave up and just used tex4ht instead, which can
> produce, as an option, html files that use MathML rather than graphics images.  But tex4ht doesn't do the nice
> division of documents into separate pages that LaTeX2HTML is supposed to do.)

I would love to update that page but I don't have the time at the moment to do the necessary investigations - I don't
even get to use latex2html much these days. Since I don't get the same problems that many others do, I am desperately
hoping someone will come up with a solution so that I can put it on the page :)

Oh and tex4ht does do separate pages with text or gif links between sections. See
http://facweb.knowlton.ohio-state.edu/pviton/support/swpht.html for an example and p157-8 of The LaTeX Web Companion

Steve Mayer