[l2h] how get LaTeX2HTML to work under Windows XP with LATEST distros?

Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Sun Oct 24 21:48:06 CEST 2004

Can anybody tell me how to actually get the LATEST distribution of
LaTeX2HTML (latex2html-2002-2-1) to work with the current MiKTeX under
Windows (XP) using also the current distribution of netpbm (27 December
2003, at http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/netpbm.htm)?

The documentation at

   http://www.mayer.dial.pipex.com/l2h.htm

is nearly 5 years old!  And, as I've posted here before, the result of
following those instructions simply does not work.

(I've frittered away endless hours so far on this.  At one point I gave
up and just used tex4ht instead, which can produce, as an option, html
files that use MathML rather than graphics images.  But tex4ht doesn't
do the nice division of documents into separate pages that LaTeX2HTML is
supposed to do.)

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305