[l2h] Nested enumerated lists

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:02:56 +1100 (EST)

> Hello all,

> We are within days of final production and we have *just* noticed that
> our nested
> enumerated lists are not functioning as we expected.
>
> We want:
> 1. Blah blah blah
> 2. Blah blah blah blah blah
> 	a. some more blah blah
> 	b. even more blah blah
> 3. Blah blah
>
> We get:
> 1. Blah blah blah
> 2. Blah blah blah blah blah
> 	1. some more blah blah
> 	2. even more blah blah
> 3. Blah blah

Hmm; the enumeration level is supposed to be handled automatically.

However, the label-style can be forced, using an optional argument:

\begin{enumerate}
\item % 1.
 Blah blah blah
\item % 2.
 Blah blah blah blah blah
\begin{enumerate}[a]
 %               ^^^------ here.
\item
 some more blah blah
\item
 even more blah blah
\end{enumerate}
%
\item % 3.
 Blah blah
\end{enumerate}

You may need to load   \usepackage{enumerate}
to have this working in LaTeX,
but LaTeX2HTML needs nothing extra to interpret this syntax.

> Is there some switch I need to set in latex2html? The older version
> of latex2html handled this problem, why doesn't this version?

I'd need to see your document's contents, to have any chance of answering
that question.

> (I know I don't have the most current version. I really don't want to
> upgrade at this point.
> But if I must...)

That might help; but I don't recall that there have been any edits
of this nature recently.

> HELP!
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Steve
>
> --
>   Stephen M. Fuqua                   phone: (603) 643-2600 ext. 772
>   Software Documentation Engineer    fax: (603) 643-3967
>   Fluent Inc.                        e-mail: smf@fluent.com
>   10 Cavendish Court                 www: http://www.fluent.com
>   Lebanon, NH 03766-1442

[Attachment, skipping...]