[l2h] Nested enumerated lists

Stephen Fuqua smf@fluent.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:40:04 -0500

--------------097A2646B12C4883DD2334FE

Hello Ross,

Thank you for the response. I have a feeling I need to upgrade
latex2html
rather than edit the .tex files after I read the following from the list
archive:

http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/latex2html/2000-December/000913.html

A response to this item indicated that latex2html2k.1beta fixed the
enumerated list problem. If I do go the route of upgrading, should
I choose latex2html2k.1beta or something even more recent?

Regards,

-Steve

Ross Moore wrote:

> > Hello all,
>

> > We are within days of final production and we have *just* noticed that
> > our nested
> > enumerated lists are not functioning as we expected.
> >
> > We want:
> > 1. Blah blah blah
> > 2. Blah blah blah blah blah
> >       a. some more blah blah
> >       b. even more blah blah
> > 3. Blah blah
> >
> > We get:
> > 1. Blah blah blah
> > 2. Blah blah blah blah blah
> >       1. some more blah blah
> >       2. even more blah blah
> > 3. Blah blah
>
> Hmm; the enumeration level is supposed to be handled automatically.
>
> However, the label-style can be forced, using an optional argument:
>
> \begin{enumerate}
> \item % 1.
>  Blah blah blah
> \item % 2.
>  Blah blah blah blah blah
> \begin{enumerate}[a]
>  %               ^^^------ here.
> \item
>  some more blah blah
> \item
>  even more blah blah
> \end{enumerate}
> %
> \item % 3.
>  Blah blah
> \end{enumerate}
>
> You may need to load   \usepackage{enumerate}
> to have this working in LaTeX,
> but LaTeX2HTML needs nothing extra to interpret this syntax.
>

> > Is there some switch I need to set in latex2html? The older version
> > of latex2html handled this problem, why doesn't this version?
>
> I'd need to see your document's contents, to have any chance of answering
> that question.
>
> > (I know I don't have the most current version. I really don't want to
> > upgrade at this point.
> > But if I must...)
>
> That might help; but I don't recall that there have been any edits
> of this nature recently.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
>         Ross Moore
>

> > HELP!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Steve
> >
> > --
> > *********************************************************************
> >   Stephen M. Fuqua                   phone: (603) 643-2600 ext. 772
> >   Software Documentation Engineer    fax: (603) 643-3967
> >   Fluent Inc.                        e-mail: smf@fluent.com
> >   10 Cavendish Court                 www: http://www.fluent.com
> >   Lebanon, NH 03766-1442
> > *********************************************************************
>
> [Attachment, skipping...]

  Stephen M. Fuqua                   phone: (603) 643-2600 ext. 772
  Software Documentation Engineer    fax: (603) 643-3967
  Fluent Inc.                        e-mail: smf@fluent.com
  10 Cavendish Court                 www: http://www.fluent.com
> [...]

begin:vcard
n:Fuqua;Stephen
tel;work:(603)643-2600 ext. 772
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.fluent.com
org:Fluent Inc.
adr:;;10 Cavendish Court;Lebanon;NH;03766-1442;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:smf@fluent.com
title:Software Documentation Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-12592