[l2h] more colors in images?

Manuel Carro boris@aaron.ls.fi.upm.es
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:46:39 +0200

    Hello.  I am translating to HTML a document which contains a
couple of scanned pictures.  pstoimg seems to be generating images
with 8 bit depth only.  Is there any way to force it to use more
colors externally (i.e., without fiddling around with latex2html and
ps2img)?  The results are really dissappointing with only 8 bits, and
I would like to say (proudly) "Generated using LaTeX2HTML".  I tried
setting the DEPTH environment variable to no avail.

    What I am using is:

This is jLaTeX2HTML Version 2002 (1.62) JA patch-1.4
by Kenshi Muto, Debian Project.

Original LaTeX2HTML Version 2002 (1.62)
by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

(the one which comes with RedHat 7.3; also tried latex2html 2002-2-1
with the same results).

    Thanks for any help.

        MCL