[l2h] already generated image inclusion

bligneri@physique.usherb.ca bligneri@physique.usherb.ca
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 06:53:17 -0300

Hello,

> Ross is describing the powerfull, fully-general approach of conditionalizing
> the source so that you say explicitly what should go into the LaTeX
> runs vs. what should go into the HTML runs.

Yes. This approach is working perfectly however it implies two things
that I'm not sure I can/will have :
1) time to modify all the existing doc (several hundreds of pages and 50
or so files)
2) have every developper change to generate valid latex2html code.

> I'm describing the much simpler approach using only the graphic(s|x)
> package;
> handy -- when it applies -- because the source works for any processor.

Yes and that is exactly what I was looking for !

> The graphicx solution _should_ copy the source image to the destination
> directory -- it works for me.   Certainly in the simple cases where
> the image is in the same directory as the tex, or a subdirectory,
> say figs, then \includegraphics{figs/my_fig} ought to work.

The problem was completely solved when I mention my version of
latex2html:

latex2html -v
This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2K.1beta (1.62)
by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

Ross Moore suggest that I upgrade certain packages :
>  $LATEX2HTMLDIR/styles/{graphics,graphicx,graphixx,graphics-support}.perl

and after doing so, it worked exactly as expected and as you explained
it to me : images are copied into the directory where l2h generate it's
files and links are relative so that it can easily be transferred to the
web server and fullt functionnal at tha point.

Thank you very much for your help.

Ben

--
Benoit des Ligneris               Etudiant au Doctorat -- Ph. D. Student
Web :                                    http://benoit.des.ligneris.net/