[l2h] "-debug" mode works, otherwise machine freezes

Ulrich Diez ulrich.diez@student.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:45:19 +0200

Greetings to the readers of this mailing-list !

Since a few days I try to install this nice little perl-program which is called LATEX2HTML.
(Win'95, Netpbm 10.2, Ghostscript 7.05, MikTex 2.1, Latex2Html-2002-1, ActivePerl 5.6.1 build 632)
I've spend hours in WWW ...
It took some days until I learned not to install any of the utilities into a directory with
- more than eight letters in any subdirectory- name in path
- a dot or a"~ "  or an empty space in the name.

I still encounter one nice little problem:

    I can only convert images when the "-debug"-switch of latex2html.bat is on. There are no error-message in this
    case but the images of the HTML-output are all ugly (black borderlines at the left side and at the bottom) and disgusting
    (grey  background).
    In the other case (no debug-mode) Ghostscript tells me that my "command-directory" is wrong. Afterwards the whole
    machine freezes. I have to do a hardware-reset which is not always a funny procedure.

If somebody encountered the same and/or believes that he/she has useful suggestions/hints/ideas I would be very interested.

To those who in the past gave me the advice of not using Microsoft-systems any more: Please don't send such helpful e-mail to my private-e-mail-account any more.

To all the others: Thank you very much in advance.
Yours sincerely

Ulrich Diez