[l2h] Problem with table of contents

Tanja Wittke tawi@gruft.de
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:04:50 +0200

hi,

> > 	Contents
> > 	<here is my first headline>
> > 	<here is my second...>
> > 	[...]
> > 	<here is the last headline>
> >
> > I don't understand why l2h adds "Contents" to this list.
>
> What version of LaTeX2HTML are you using?
>
> These two are both old problems which I thought had been fixed
> some time ago. Get the latest (2002) version from  www.latex2html.org .

Well, I'm using Version 99.2beta8..

# latex2html -version
# Note: Initialising with file: .latex2html-init
# This is LaTeX2HTML Version 99.2beta8 (1.46)
# by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

I use FreeBSD 4.6 STABLE and this version of latex2html is included in
the FreeBSD ports. Well, I can try using latex2html2002-1.tar.gz .

> Do you have an Index page as well ?
> If you have just 2 frames then the Contents or Index is open automatically.
> The frames are initially closed only when you have both.

No, I don't an Index page.

> > And finally:
> > Where can I change the labels of the buttons? We are in Germany, so it
> > would be nice to use the label "Inhalt" instead of "Contents".
>
> For the text, you can specify it with \renewcommand{\contentsname}{Inhalt}
> just as in ordinary LaTeX, or by setting  $toc_title  within a configuration
> or initialisation file --- this should be done already using Babel or german.

Yes, yesterday I included $LANGUAGE_TITLES = 'german' in
.latex2html-init and now "Contents" is "Inhalt"

> As for changing the button itself, this requires a new image, and making
> adjustments within l2hconf.pm  (or an initialisation file) to adapt
> to a new name and changed size.
> Others on this list may be able to help with an image.

This is whta I will try today, so that the button gets the label
"Inhalt".

Thnk you in advance,

Tanja