[l2h] Install LaTeX2HTML on Windows XP

Steve Mayer Steve Mayer" <mayer@dial.pipex.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:32:47 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ulrich Diez" <ulrich.diez@student.uni-tuebingen.de>
To: "latex2html" <latex2html@tug.org>
Sent: 14 August 2002 23:56
Subject: Re: [l2h] Install LaTeX2HTML on Windows XP

> Dear LATEX2HTML-installers,
>
> When trying to install LaTeX2HTML on different Windows-Systems
> (Win95, Win 98, Win2000, WinXP) according to the manual of
> Mr. Luis Seidel, I always made following experience:
>
> Install.bat and Test.bat or image-conversion in general always failed
when
> a release of ActiveStates ActivePerl newer than build 503 was
installed.
> Beneath other things, also problems with the numbering of the
ps-images
> occured.
>
> Using the newer builds, e.g. the newest one (633 I think), lead to
errors
> and failures.
> I do not know the reason for this behavior. Nevertheless I thought it
was a
> good idea to tell this to the newsgroup. Probably somebody else can
comment
> on this.

Would Daniel Young or anyone else having problems with image generation
using Windows like to install an older version of Perl to see if it
solves their problem? Older versions can be found at
http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/Windows/5.005/Intel/ with
the number in the filename giving the build.

If this works then this would be a good workaround until the cause of
the problem is found. If it also allows long file names then that would
be fascinating.

Steve Mayer