[l2h] Install LaTeX2HTML on Windows XP

Daniel Young peacedan@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:32:36 -0700 (PDT)

Well, this time things just don't work out. I
downloaded and installed Active Perl 503 and even 469,
which is the oldest one I could find from the site.
However, test.bat -debug still said p<num>.t01 not
found. I hope that this has nothing to do with the
directory name since this time I set
$prefs{'TMPSPACE'} = 'C:\\tmp\\L2Himg';
in prefs.pm and the default temporary directory in all
subsequent files (l2hconf.pm, pstoimg.bat) changed to
that value; plus, I found the *.ps and p<num>.pnm in
the temporary directory.

The similar issue was stated in "Cannot convert images
in test sample file" of the 2001-November Archive, but
the following discussions seemed to focus on how to
find the temporary directory instead of the problem of
what pnmcrop.exe did. Although test.bat -debug said
that

GS>Running "C:\texfiles\netpbm\bin\pnmcrop.exe
-verbose   < C:\tmp\L2Himg\l2h896\p488.pnm >
C:\tmp\L2img\l2h896\p488.t01"

this isn't true. The output files were actually
p<num>.t00 instead of p<num>.t01. No wonder why
p<num>.t01 files not found and images couldn't be
converted. Manually, this command works as expected,
but in .bat file it strangely creates p<num>.t00
files. Maybe that is a problem for NT or XP. The
question is that how do we force it to create .t01
files in the .bat file.

Thanks. -Daniel

http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/Windows/5.005/Intel/