[l2h] The L2H 2002 Cannot deal CJK document correctly!

Edward Lee edt1023@ms17.hinet.net
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:45:17 +0800

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > > # Use 'Bg5' => 'big5' as default charset, for both input and output,
> > > # unless it is set already with a value for  $CJK_AUTO_CHARSET
> > >
> > > $CJK_AUTO_CHARSET = '' unless (defined $CJK_AUTO_CHARSET);
> > > $charset = $CHARSET = $CJK_AUTO_CHARSET || $CJK_charset{'Bg5'};
>
> I'm not happy with a default value.  *Any* CJK environment must
> specify a character set, so this default value is never used.  And I
> can't see a reason why Big 5 is the default and not, say, GB 2312.

  I guess it maybe you give the list to Ross, and the Big5 encoding
  is at the first position. :)

  Yes, I agree need not the default value, let $CJK_AUTO_CHARSET do
  his job. if not then fallback to ISO-8859-1. Any idea?

Rgds,
Edward G.J. Lee