[l2h] latex2html mailing list

Klaus Simon simon@fh-fresenius.de
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:32:30 +0200

[ Resending to latex2html list / Kaja ]

Dear mailman-owner,

since a few weeks I am trying to install latex2html under Windows 2000.
Unfortunately unsuccessful until now, even though I got a bit further at
every new attempt. In order to get the installation finished I subscribed
the latex2html mailing list and hoped to get some help. Now, my last letter
was not published (I include it in case you want to check it). What I just
wanted to ask is wether questions like this are too basic (or trivial) to be
published. In this case I would like to unsubscribe from the latex2html
mailing list, because I do not want to waste any more time in the
installation. If the question can be published I ask you kindly to do so;
perhaps it's the last problem to be solved before I can use latex2html...

Yours sincerely
Klaus Simon

PS (The e-mail I tried to send)

Hello,
I just installed latex2html under Windows 2000 and tried to convert a first
document. Most of the translation worked fine, but then I got th following
error messages:

(begin error messages)
 *** processing 135 images ***

Generating postscript images using dvips ...
This is dvips(k) 5.86d Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2002.04.16:1144' -> C:\TMP\image
(-> C:\TMP\image001)
C:\programme\tex\bin\win32\dvips.exe: ! couldn't open PostScript file
Error: No such file or directory

Error: Cannot read dir 'C:\TMP': No such file or directory
Converting image #58
pstoimg.bat: Warning: Cannot use C:\TMP as temporary directory.
pstoimg.bat: Warning: Cannot use C:\tmp as temporary directory.
pstoimg.bat: Error: Cannot find file "C:\TMP\image058.ps": No such file or
directory
(and so on for all images that have to be created)
(end error messages)
First I tried to create the missing tmp-directory, but it somehow disappears
while running latex2html.
I would be glad if anyone could help me and thank you very much.

K. Simon