[l2h] Re: Install Problems (was latex2html mailing list)

Les Richardson richl@mail.tfsd.sk.ca
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:09:51 -0600 (CST)

Hi Klaus,

>  *** processing 135 images ***
>
> Generating postscript images using dvips ...
> This is dvips(k) 5.86d Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software
> (www.radicaleye.com)
> ' TeX output 2002.04.16:1144' -> C:\TMP\image
> (-> C:\TMP\image001)
> C:\programme\tex\bin\win32\dvips.exe: ! couldn't open PostScript file
> Error: No such file or directory

Either the program is not located here or you don't have the file
permissions required to run it.

The program (latex2html), which is a perl script, either has the location
of this file inside it or else it is located in the configuration file
(l2hconf.pm). Do a find to locate this file in your filesystem and make
sure the location of the DVIPS program is correct and that permissions
will allow running it.

> Error: Cannot read dir 'C:\TMP': No such file or directory
> Converting image #58
> pstoimg.bat: Warning: Cannot use C:\TMP as temporary directory.
> pstoimg.bat: Warning: Cannot use C:\tmp as temporary directory.
> pstoimg.bat: Error: Cannot find file "C:\TMP\image058.ps": No such file or
> directory

Make sure that /tmp exists and has file permissions that allow the
creation of these temporary files. Probably world
readable/writable/executable.

> (and so on for all images that have to be created)
> (end error messages)
> First I tried to create the missing tmp-directory, but it somehow disappears
> while running latex2html.

A folder won't disappear. A "file" can disappear. Make sure that you have
correctly created the folder with appropriate permissions.

If problems, please write. <grin>

Les Richardson
H. Hardcastle School
Edam, Sk. Canada