[l2h] Show init file option

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 14:01:56 +1000 (EST)

> Hi,
>

> I'm using
>
> $SHOW_INIT_FILE = 1;
>
> with Version 2K.1beta (1.47) in order to get the contents of the init file
> displayed in the "About this document..." page. This works, but there is a
> problem, in that any HTML tags in the .init file are being interpreted by
> the web browser. For example, the section of the .int file that says:
>
> $CHILDLINE = "<BR> <HR>\n";
>
> produces a horizontal rule when viewed with a browser, as it sees the
> <BR> and interprets it, rather than displaying the _literal_ text "<BR>".

OK; this type of stuff was never considered to be something that you'd
want to show on that page. But then, why not ?

Try the following edit to   sub replace_infopage  :

In that block, replace the line:
	foreach $info_line (<INIT>) {$init_contents .= $info_line;}
with:
        foreach $info_line (<INIT>) {
            $info_line =~ s/[<>"&]/'&'.$html_special_entities{$&}.';'/eg;
            $init_contents .= $info_line;
	}

That should be enough, but please report if it's not sufficient.

> And the Navigation panel part really makes a mess!

I can imagine.  :-)

> I can of course fix this, by replacing all "<" and ">" in the offending
> part with "&lt" and "&gt", but it seems to me this would be an easy
> feature to add to latex2html itself. Or is it already there and I've
> missed it?

The above edit should put it there from now onwards.