[l2h] Show init file option

Glenn Morris gmorris@ast.cam.ac.uk
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:54:08 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm using

$SHOW_INIT_FILE = 1;

with Version 2K.1beta (1.47) in order to get the contents of the init file
displayed in the "About this document..." page. This works, but there is a
problem, in that any HTML tags in the .init file are being interpreted by
the web browser. For example, the section of the .int file that says:

$CHILDLINE = "<BR> <HR>\n";

produces a horizontal rule when viewed with a browser, as it sees the
<BR> and interprets it, rather than displaying the _literal_ text "<BR>".
And the Navigation panel part really makes a mess!

I can of course fix this, by replacing all "<" and ">" in the offending
part with "&lt" and "&gt", but it seems to me this would be an easy
feature to add to latex2html itself. Or is it already there and I've
missed it?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Glenn