[l2h] Internationalisation

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:46:34 +1000 (EST)

> I'm wondering how to enable Norwegian as laid out in the file
> /usr/local/lib/latex2html/styles/norsk.perl. I've tried copying the
> dot.latex2html-ini file to my home directory, and I can see that it is
> being used by changing the odd value in it. But it will not accept any
> string in the $TITLES_LANGUAGE field, not even "french" which the
> comment just about it says it will. Is there a special notation that
> works, e.g. no_NO? Any other magic that needs to be performed?

That package was designed to work as an option to the Babel package.
There is a test document at:
  http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/NORSK/test/

in which the code is at:
  http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/NORSK/test.tex

It starts:

	\documentclass{article}
	\usepackage[norsk]{babel}

With the LaTeX2HTML job, the following Perl modules are loaded:

Reading ...

It should also work with:

        \documentclass{article}
        \usepackage{norsk}

for which the LaTeX2HTML job now does *not* load Babel:

Reading ...

See	http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/NORSK/alone/
for the same test as previously, with the reduced header.

> $ latex2html -version
> Note: Loading /home/ragnar/.latex2html-init
> Note: Initialising with file: /home/ragnar/.latex2html-init
> This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2K.1beta (1.50)
> by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

The version should make no difference; at least not since v98.x or so.

So far as I know, the norsk.perl module has been untested by a native-speaker.
Hence if there is anything that is wrong, or a poor use of the language,
please feel free to offer suitable corrections/improvements.

Best is to edit in (a copy of) the norsk.perl file, so as to check by
using it, then send me the updated file when you are happy with the results.

All the best,

	Ross Moore