[l2h] Latin-2 problem

Janusz S. Bien jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bien)
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 20:27:29 +0100

With some difficulties I've installed latex2html--99.2beta6 from TeX
Live 5 under Debian Linux. When I tried to use it for Polish, it
behaved rather unpredictably; other Polish users confirm this fact.

Mariusz Pietrzak, a student of mine who used succesfully version
99.2alpha9 for Polish, proposed the following work-around:

   latex2html -html_version 3.2,latin2,unicode plik.tex

which *does not* generate UNICODE, but Latin-2.

However, when I tried to specify URL (as an argument to \htmladdimg),
it appeared that latex2html treats every slash as a prefix for a
Polish letter. Moreover, any sequence of slashes seems to vanish
completely.

What do you advice to do about it? How should I in a Polish text
specify an URL (in particular, an URL to a local file)?

Best regards

Janusz

                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW
Prof. Janusz S. Bien, Warsaw Uniwersity
Na tym koncie czytam i wysylam poczte i wiadomosci offline -
prosze nie oczekiwac szybkiej odpowiedzi!
Data w naglowku to data rozpoczecia pisania listu, a nie jego wyslania.
On this account I read/post mail/news offline - do not expect
an immediate answer!
The date in the header refers to the moment when I started to write
the letter, not to the moment when I sent it.