[l2h] 2 bugs in l2h

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:46:57 +1100 (EST)

[Charset koi8-r unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]

> 1. If there is a space in the path to miktex, problems occur.
>    E.g. config.pl can not exe_ute dvips for checking its version.
>
>    I think this is very significant bug, because last versions
>     of MikTeX are installed in  "c:\program files\" by default.

Since that is a configuration that I do not use,
can you experiment with the configuration options so as to find a way
to get this working.
e.g. you may nee to use quotes "......" around the main root path
for the LaTeX2HTML installation.

> ----------------
>
> 2. If l2h see one of my favorite definitions
>
>  \newcommand{\(}{\left(}

Sorry. This *cannot be fixed*, at least not easily.

Reason:  \( .... \) is standard LaTeX for inline mathematics;
         which is similar to TeX's  $ .... $ , but not exactly the same.

         You really should not use this for a different purpose.

> it answers
>
> ,/\\(([\d\W]|$)/: unmatched () in regexp at C:\LATEX2HTML\BIN/latex2html.bat lin
> e 5768.

Hmm. Well, the code failing here may be a good thing.
If it gets beyond this stage, it could well fail at a different place.
Not sure; I'll experiment.