[l2h] Problem with \bibname

Michael L. Hall Michael L. Hall" <hall@galt.lanl.gov
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:25:33 -0600 (MDT)

Ross Moore writes:
> > Maybe I'm missing something here...
> >
> > I think the problem has to do with this bit of code from natbib.perl:
> >
> >     if (defined &do_cmd_bibname) {
> > 	$title = &translate_commands('\bibname');
> >     } else { $title = $bib_title }
>
> Yes, that is exactly where the problem lies.
>
> > Somehow, when it hits that, &do_cmd_bibname has not been defined (yet?).
> > That was one reason I put
> >
> >   \renewcommand{\bibname}{Publication List}
> >
> > as soon in the .tex file as I could, thinking that it was not being
> > defined early enough. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here?
>
> The condition should be:
>
> if (defined &do_cmd_bibname||$renewcommand{'bibname'}) {

Ah! Thanks a bunch for your quick response!

It turned out that was almost what was needed, but not quite. I found
a similar construction in bin/latex2html that fixed the problem
completely. Here's the new condition:

   if ((defined &do_cmd_bibname)||$new_command{'bibname'}) {

Once again, thanks Ross...

-Mike