[l2h] navigation panel content control using frames

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:15:09 +1000 (EST)

> Hi there,
>
> sorry if this is a repost, but I've sent this message already last
> sunday, and I haven't got a copy from the list processor.... In case
> it never made it to the list, here's my question:
>
> I'm trying to build a framed page. Because I only wan't to have my
> custom buttons there, I've set
>
>    $NO_NAVIGATION = 1;
>
> to avoid the textual links
>
> and defined
>
> 	sub frame_navigation_panel {
> 		"$CUSTOM_BUTTONS";
> 	};

In which file are you making the definition ?

If within  .latex2html-init, then that has been loaded *before*
the frame.pl module, so your definition will be overridden.

There are two ways to get user-defined code read at a later time.

 A.  write a Perl module called  <filename>.perl
     where your job is called  <filename>.tex  (or <filename>.doc)

 B.  use the $AtBeginDocument_hook  e.g:
      $AtBeginDocument_hook .=
	'sub frame_navigation_panel {$CUSTOM_BUTTONS};';

Note the '.=' for it is customary to *append* strings to
$AtBeginDocument_hook . These strings are later interpreted
as Perl code, using the  eval  operator.

> However, all the usual next/up/previuos buttons are still there...
>
> Maybe it's just a local problem using 99b3?

No; there has been no change to anything of this nature for 99b3.

> 	All hints welcome

Hope this does it.

	Ross