equations do not work

Arthur Snoke latex2html
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:42:51 -0500 (EST)

I just installed latex2html v 98.1.1 on a sun running solaris 2.

There is a bug in install-test because it does not handle correctly
recent versions of dvips, as the line it looks for has dvips(k) rather
than dvipsk.  I don't know if that causes my real problem, which is
equations in latex files create empty .gif files yet there is no
error message.  The size is fine in my output file, just no equation.

Is it possible that there are some features in my version of dvips whic
have a compatibility problem with latex2html?

Here is information on my version:

vtso{snoke}223: dvips
This is dvips(k) 5.78 Copyright 1998 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
Missing DVI file argument (or -f).
Try --help for more information.
vtso{snoke}224: