[ho-tex] CTAN Upload: oberdiek

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 15:54:14 CET 2017

On 19 March 2017 at 14:33, Petra Ruebe-Pugliese <petra at ctan.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> thanks for this upload:
>
> On Sunday 19 March 2017 at 13:23:21 +0100  CTAN Portal Service (no-reply at ctan.org) wrote:
>
>> Upload information:
>> Package:        oberdiek
>> Author:         Oberdiek Package Support Group
>> Author’s email: ho-tex at tug.org
>> Location:       /macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek/
>> License:        lppl1.3
>> Upload type:    announce
>>
>> Announcement text:
>> Assorted small updates, see
>>
>>  https://github.com/ho-tex/oberdiek/commits/master
>>
>>  for recent changes.
>> Notes to CTAN maintainers:   ---
>
>  Feedback for submitter:

Petra, thanks for the comments. I'm still trying to reverse engineer a usable
build system for this monster.  Seems I'm not quite there yet.

>  (1) ifpdf.dtx:
>       %% This file may be distributed under the terms of the LPPL.
>       %% See README for details.
>      But AFAICS there are no such details in the README.

ah I'll adjust the header.

>  (2) oberdiek.pdf it dated 2016/06/09 but contains entries
>      dated 2017.
>      Moreover: What has happened to oberdiek.tex?

Now that is an interesting question!!
It's here  but apparently didn't make it to the zip file
I will fix the build (and update to today's date)

>  (3) askinclude.dtx, fibnum.dtx, and thepdfnumber.dtx
>      seem to have changed with respect to the previous version,
>      but no change of version number could be detected;
>      therefore the Catalogue entries have not been updated
>      either.

Ah yes, sorry that was a documentation-only change (change from biber to bibtex)
please don't ask why:(
Given the difficulty of changing the version number in these files
I didn't change the versions just for that.

>  The update has been installed on our central server and will
>  be announced at some time tomorrow evening (CET), when the
>  mirrors have had enough time to pick up the new files and
>  I am around to post the message.

Thanks, sorry to create extra work but I think even though it's only a
documentation
issue I should upload again with a zip that included oberdiek.tex. Will take me
a few minutes to arrange the build script (and half an hour to run it again)

>        Kind regards
>     Petra Rübe-Pugliese
>      for the CTAN team

David