[gentium] LGR: Missing ligature s-boundarychar

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Jul 3 07:43:10 CEST 2019

Hi Mojca, Ralf,

indeed, this is ancient history. I had to look up what I was doing ten
years ago. I found this paragraph in the documentation: 'The original
Greek encoding for LaTeX took care of the letter sigma: when it occurred
at the end of a word, it would automatically be transformed into a final
sigma c . After some hesitation, I decided not to follow this approach:
there are too many cases where users might want a “normal” sigma even in
front of a space or a punctuation mark. In order to obtain a final
sigma, type “c.”' So I don't know who added the ligatures with
punctuation commands (I didn't), but the lack of the boundary char is as
intended.

All best

Thomas

--
Prof. Dr. Thomas A. Schmitz
Institut für Klassische und Romanische Philologie