[gentium] LGR: Missing ligature s-boundarychar

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 22:59:43 CEST 2019

Dear Ralf,

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 at 20:05, Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> while answering a question on TeX.SE [1] I learned that with Gentium a
> trailing s in LGR encoding produces a final sigma when followed by
> various punctuation commands, but not when followed by a space.
> Inspecting the TFM file and comparing with say grmn1000.tfm I found
> that the latter includes a ligature "s + boundarychar -> c +
> boundarychar", which is missing in the Gentium metrics. Could this be
> added?

I believe the relevant source code is this:
http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/gentium/trunk/gentium/source/fonts/gentium-tug/lig/gentium-agr.lig?revision=4&view=markup

The author of that file is no longer using 8-bit encodings.
Are you perhaps able to figure out the patch and test it? I'm not even
sure what boundarychar is.

The list of characters could be found here, for example:
http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/gentium/trunk/gentium/fonts/afm/public/gentium-tug/GentiumPlus-R.afm?revision=21&view=markup

Mojca