[gentium] LGR: Missing ligature s-boundarychar

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 18:00:40 CEST 2019

Hi List,

while answering a question on TeX.SE [1] I learned that with Gentium a
trailing s in LGR encoding produces a final sigma when followed by
various punctuation commands, but not when followed by a space.
Inspecting the TFM file and comparing with say grmn1000.tfm I found
that the latter includes a ligature "s + boundarychar -> c +
boundarychar", which is missing in the Gentium metrics. Could this be
added?

Thanks
Ralf

[1] https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/496976/what-lgr-encoded-greek-fonts-are-available/497096#497096

PS: Please keep me in CC since I am not subscribed to the list.