[fptex] fptex becomes xemtex

Wolfgang Fleischer W.Fleischer at Erlenweg.DE
Thu May 12 19:12:29 CEST 2005

From:           	Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr>
To:             	fptex at tug.org
Date sent:      	Tue, 10 May 2005 17:43:55 +0200
Subject:        	[fptex] fptex becomes xemtex

Hello
Very glad to read that news. Thank you for your work in the past and
thank you for not giving up faced with the TeXLive troubles.

I (after reading texlive.org mailing list for a couple of month)
fully agree with your motivation to switch your way to work.

Our faculty of mathematics will stay with TeXLive für linux and I am
sure we stay with xemtex on windows. I could not test the new
installer yet but tested the older Version 1 - with good results.

Wolfgang

> Long time no news.
>
> In the end, I have assembled my xemtex bundle. I won't maintain
fptex
> anymore the way I did it. There are some explanations on the new
web
> pages. The fptex web site will be redirected to the xemtex pages.
>
> http://www.metz.supelec.fr/~popineau/xemtex-1.html
>
> People are welcome to download, try and report about the xemtex
bundle.
> Stay tuned about the web pages. A new mailing list will be set up
soon.

> Best regards,
>
> --
> Fabrice Popineau