[fptex] fptex becomes xemtex

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 16 03:11:42 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Fleischer wrote:

>Very glad to read that news. Thank you for your work in the past and
>thank you for not giving up faced with the TeXLive troubles.
>
>I (after reading texlive.org mailing list for a couple of month)
>fully agree with your motivation to switch your way to work.

There seems to be some idea that TeX Live and XemTeX are going
in different directions. They are not. Unless I have completely
misunderstood Fabrice's plans, he is compiling basically the same source
code
as TeXLive (ie a web2c/kpathsea-based system) for Windows. He
may fork that code, and proceed with developments faster or slower
than Olaf Weber, but the essence remains the same.

TeX live has no troubles :-}

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk