[fptex] Maintenance mode (add Tex package)

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk at polyu.edu.hk
Thu Feb 24 16:15:50 CET 2005

o.janin wrote:
> Lately I asked a question which has still not been answered,
> so I give another try just in case.
>
> When I want to Add a tex package with the shortcut in
> TexLive/Maintenance/ (under Windows XP), I get a TexSetup
> Error window saying You can't run `maintenance' mode without
> installing first !
>
> I installed FpTex from the most recent TexLive DVD (09/2003
> version), and I even updated TexSetup.exe as it was recently
> recommended.

Hello Oliver,

If it still doesn't work, a work-around is to download the package and
do a manual install. That's why I like fptex. :-) You can just unzip it
directly under the TeXLive directory into the texmf tree but I use a
texmf-local tree and I unzip it there. Usually you have to do a mktexlsr
as well.

Regards,
ST