[fptex] Maintenance mode (add Tex package)

o.janin o.janin at laposte.net
Thu Feb 24 14:39:27 CET 2005

Lately I asked a question which has still not been answered,
so I give another try just in case.

When I want to Add a tex package with the shortcut in
TexLive/Maintenance/ (under Windows XP), I get a TexSetup
Error window saying You can't run `maintenance' mode without
installing first !

I installed FpTex from the most recent TexLive DVD (09/2003
version), and I even updated TexSetup.exe as it was recently
recommended.

I don't know why TexSetup thinks that FpTex is not installed,
if anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Olivier Janin