[fptex] Plans for the near future

Luis A Escobar luis at lsu.edu
Thu Feb 24 12:40:32 CET 2005

LUK and Françoise: thank you for your input on this.

  On the UNIX/LINUS side we use tetex here and we are happy with it.

  On the Windows/DOS side my path was from PCTeX ->  MikTeX -> fpTeX

  I do not have fun memories of MikTeX but I have not revisited the
 capabilities of MikTeX in many years.  You should have noticied that I
 did not use the word MikTeX in my original message (I tried to avoid that
 word as much as I can).  I have resisted the suggestions
 here of switching back to MikTeX for several years. I have, however,
  been distressed when some of the faculty and students here
  have abandoned fpTeX in favor of MikTeX.  I am going to keep
 fpTeX in our Department for now and see what the future
 brings. I hope it is something above and beyond fpTeX, I hate to
 regress.

 Thank again

  Best regards, Luis A

LUK ShunTim <shuntim.luk at polyu.edu.hk>@tug.org on 02/24/2005 12:45:58 AM