[fptex] Problems installing fptex

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Sun Nov 21 23:46:31 CET 2004

First of all, this list  is closed (you must register  to post) and your
message was lost in a pile of spam. Hence the delay.

> I downloaded fptex a few days ago and installed it on a computer at
> work running Windows 2000. It installed without a problem.

Ok. Great.

> I then copied the downloaded files to my home computer running Windows
> ME and tried to install it there with TexSetup.exe. The first problem
> was that I got an error saying TL80PNG.DLL not found when running
> pdflatex. I copied several TL80xxx.DLL files that were missing from my
> home installation from the work installation. Then I got another error
> saying a file pdfetex.efmt (or something similar) was missing. Copied
> it from the work installation and then got an error saying article.cls
> could not be found. I found that the directory texmf\tex\latex\base
> was missing and manually unzipped and installed it. Then I got an
> error saying pdflatex could not find the tfm file for cmr12.

> At this point, I uninstalled latex and tried re-installing it with the
> generic full TexLive scheme minus the documentation and all of the
> tex-langxxxx options. Once again, I get the TL80PNG.DLL missing error.

> Needless to say, TL80PNG.DLL is missing from the log file. The only
> errors in the log file were

You should send me the log file for the winme machine. If you ran the
same installation on both machines, I don't see why it should have
failed. I don't have winme to test, but I did test win98 several times
with no problems.

Fabrice