[fptex] 0.7 released

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Wed Sep 24 18:16:57 CEST 2003

Now that the TeXLive 2003 is over, I have packaged fptex-0.7 and it is
avalaible from ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/current/ .

It will probably be the last version of fptex per-se : TeXLive is
available as a 'live' version but also as an 'inst' version which holds
the same .zip files as fptex does.

The future will be to switch the TeXLive installer to an MSI based installer
(Microsoft dedicated installer system). This may result in a fptex-0.7.1
version.

The next thing that will come out is xemtex-0.1, a smaller TeX
distribution, with a set of preconfigured tools for a complete system
based on TeX and XEmacs.

Stay tuned on http://www.fptex.org/ for further information. The Web
pages (fixed, thanks for the reports) will be updated beginning of next week.

The 0.7 announce will be forwarded to newsgroups once I will get
positive reports from the fptex list members. The best procedure to
upgrade to 0.7 is to backup your texmf-local tree, remove your existing
fptex version using the uninstall procedure, and install 0.7.

--
Fabrice Popineau