[fptex] xemacs

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Thu Nov 6 12:47:30 CET 2003

When I try to start the win32 xemacs on texlive8 it fails with an
`Entry Point Not Found' message:

  The procedure entry point SHEmptyRecycleBinA could not be located
  in the dynamic link library SHELL32.dll.

Quickview confirms that the entrypoint really isn't there.
The Windows version is NT SP6 (or 6a?). Installing IE6 doesn't help;
borrowing shell32.dll from win2000 makes the system unbootable.

A standalone xemacs freshly downloaded from xemacs.org didn't have
this problem.

I am not a Windows user myself, but sometimes help and advise
Windows TeX users, and would therefore like to have a look at the
tl8 xemacs interface, preferably without having to install win2000.

If this is reproducible by others, then is it going to be fixed in
an update? Meanwhile, I would be grateful for some advise how to
run tl8, preferably off the cd, using the standalone xemacs.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
siepo at cybercomm.nl