[fptex] i got a problem while adding the fancybox package

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Mon Jul 21 03:56:10 CEST 2003

> 890 lcmssb8 mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 8000;
> ignoring mode.  mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 8000 dpi devices.
> mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me.  kpathsea: Appending font
> creation commands to missfont.log.  dvips: Font lcmssb8 not found,
> characters will be left blank.  kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode
> ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 2+3907/8000 --dpi 19

Try to use the standard procedure to lacte the source of the problem :

set KPATHSEA_DEBUG=-1
set KPATHSEA_DEBUG_OUTPUT=err.log
mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 2+3907/8000 --dpi ...

and look at the err.log file or send it to me.

> Then I looked at the setup log generated when I got the fancybox and
> saw some problems that I don't understand.  The log says that
> mktexlsr: your `ls-R' database files have been modified while kpathsea
> Dll was loaded by other programs. It is recommended that you terminate
> all of them. in order to reinitialize the shared databases. Running
> C:\TeX\bin\win32\mktexlsr.exe C:\TeX\texmf-local

> I don't who else could have modified the files. I am the only user and
> I was not multitasking when I added the package.

> How do I fixed this problem?

Terminate all kpathsea related programs before running mktexlsr or
mktexupd. You can locate them using the taskmanager for example. Or
check with :

kpsecheck --shared-memory

Ispell or windvi will keep kpathsea.dll loaded until they are
terminated. But I don't think this is the problem with mktexpk
requesting for 8000 bdpi fonts.

Fabrice