[fptex] i got a problem while adding the fancybox package

Luis A Escobar luis at lsu.edu
Thu Jul 17 17:36:59 CEST 2003

I updated my fptex recently (less than a week ago). Everything was working
fine until today when I needed to add the fancybox package.

I did not look at the log file when I added the package, but inmediately
after the update I start getting corrupted .ps files and information like:

890 lcmssb8
mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 8000; ignoring mode.
mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 8000 dpi devices.
mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
dvips: Font lcmssb8 not found, characters will be left blank.
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 2+3907/8000 --dpi 19

Then I looked at the setup log generated when I got the fancybox and saw
some problems that I don't understand.
The log says that
mktexlsr: your `ls-R' database files have been modified while kpathsea Dll
was loaded by other programs. It is recommended that you terminate all of
them. in order to reinitialize the shared databases. Running
C:\TeX\bin\win32\mktexlsr.exe C:\TeX\texmf-local

I don't who else could have modified the files. I am the only user and I
was not multitasking when I added the package.

How do I fixed this problem?

I am attaching the setup log file.

(See attached file: setup-2003-07-17-15-21.log)

Thank you to anybody that can help me.

Regards, Luis A