[fptex] Re: fpTeX updating problem under Windows 2000

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Mon Dec 15 10:10:48 CET 2003

> Dear Fabrice, I was happy to hear about the lately resolved bugs, but
> when I tried to update my installation (according to the instructions
> @ http://www.fptex.org/upgrade.html), I faced a strange problem in
> step 4:

> The tree with uninstalled/installed packages is completely missing
> (see the attached picture -- ``ClipBoard-1.jpg''), so I can't select
> anything for further installing/updating.

> Any ideas how to cope with this situation (without uninstalling the
> previous version, if possible)? The previous updating procedure (about
> a month ago) worked fine for me...

Im stuck for the moment. What is strange is that the scrollbar tends to
prove that things (packages) are there, but invisible ! I have not
changed anything wrt to 1 month ago, so I wonder what could result in
such a display problem ...

Was your machine under particular heavy load when you ran into this
problem ?

Fabrice