[fptex] fpTeX updating problem under Windows 2000

Ivailo Stoyanov istoyanov at freenet.de
Mon Dec 15 09:02:22 CET 2003

Dear Fabrice,

I was happy to hear about the lately resolved bugs, but when I tried to update my installation (according to the instructions @ http://www.fptex.org/upgrade.html), I faced a strange problem in step 4:

The tree with uninstalled/installed packages is completely missing (see the attached picture -- ``ClipBoard-1.jpg''), so I can't select anything for further installing/updating.

Any ideas how to cope with this situation (without uninstalling the previous version, if possible)? The previous updating procedure (about a month ago) worked fine for me...

All the best,

Ivailo

PS. If this information would be useful: I am running Windows 2000 + SP4.