[fptex] Adding $HOMETEXMF to TEXMF slows down compilation

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Sat Aug 30 00:40:42 CEST 2003

> At 21:07 8/29/2003 +0200, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
>>> If I follow your instructions, my own files are not found:
>> Did you follow up the TDS ? If you have latex files, they should be
>> put under $HOMETEX/tex/latex/...
>>
>> Fabrice

> I have got HOME set to E:\Joes.  My .sty files are in subdirectories
> below E:\Joes\texmf\tex and my .bib and .bst files in subdirectories

First, try to put them in e:\Joes\texmf\tex\latex

Second, check :

kpsewhich -progname=latex -expand-var=$TEXINPUTS

Third, be sure that no program like ispell or windvi stays around when
you run mktexlsr. If it is the case, you will get a warning about
kpathsea being loaded and ls-R file not updated until you kill all
kpathsea tasks.

Fabrice