[fptex] Adding $HOMETEXMF to TEXMF slows down compilation

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Sat Aug 30 07:32:06 CEST 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Joes Staal wrote:

> I want to have my local files in the search path for tex,
> so I defined in texmf.cnf
>
>   TEXMF = {!!$VARTEXMF,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN,$HOMETEXMF}
>
> However, this slows down the texing of my documents considerably.
> Why is that? And how do I solve this?

I'd rather say
TEXMF = {$HOMETEXMF,...}
In Your example $HOMETEXMF is searched at a last resort.
As other guys suggested, please declare $HOMETEXMF as absolute path.
I do not believe all those 'default' $HOME in Windows ;-)
It is interpreted differently in various windows versions.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl