[fptex] TeXlive installation adventures and request

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:15:35 +0000

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 07:31:46PM +0100, Frans Goddijn wrote:

> One more question, which is more of a request. I think Winedt is a wonderful
> "top hat" on top of LeXLive. Without it, a beginner can't easily see the
> power of the system that this user has just installed. The main menu shows
> only a link to the home page, a latex manual, local guide and TeXLive
> uninstall. WinEdt would, for Windows users, promptly add a fully functional
> pilot's view of most all that is now possible.

Remember that WinEdt is not free. We cannot therefore put it on the CD,
or really promote its use. For good or bad, TeXLive is in the camp
of free and open source software.