[fptex] TeXlive installation adventures and request

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:35:55 +0100

* Frans Goddijn <frans@goddijn.com> writes:

> sub-options, not all of these were installed. Things like Perl and
> the W32 utils were not installed even though these were branches
> from that TeXlive tree. I understand now that these must be
> separately selected, but the user interface, allowing me to
> checkmark the top choice, made me expect that this would work that
> way.

Well , I know that but given the high volume to download from the net
I chose to make these options behave differently ...

> Then I noticed that no matter how often I installed Perl, and
> rebooted afterwards, Perl wasn't effectively installed. If I did
> "perl -v" or "texexec" on the command line, nothing happened.

Ok, I'll check that but you won't need it anymore because we have
compiled the perl scripts using ActiveState's perl compiler.

> So if the TeXLive team would consider this, I'm sure many (Windows)
> users would appreciate it :-)

Not possible to do much more : WinEdt is shareware, TeXLive is free.

Greetings,

Fabrice