[fptex] Installing fptex

LUK ShunTim ShunTim.Luk@polyu.edu
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 22:40:48 +0800

Fabrice Popineau wrote:
> But surely you can open up any text editor (I'm using xEmacs) even
> notepad, and do: File -> Open -> go to directory
> c:\Program Files\TeXLive\texmf-var\web2c
> type in texmf.cnf in the file name edit box
> chose '*.*' in the 'file of types' edit box
>
> and the file should be open as a text file ?

You can add additional applications to handle a file by going though,
for example, My Computer -> Folder options -> File type and choose the
"Advanced" button and then "New". That's on W2K. Should be similar for
W9x.

There's also a little freeware wassociate
http://www.xs4all.nl/~wstudios/Associate/
that allows you to associate any file extension with any application.

Regards,
ST