[fptex] Strange Printing Behavior

Mark Russell hilfe_hilfe@hotmail.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:02:59 -0500

Greetings and Salads,

I have recently (and I think successfully) installed fpTeX, after many days
of teeth nashing and bad language, and have created a simple .tex file(using
WinShell.)  I compiled the .tex file using the LaTeX button in WinShell
(because when I try to compile from the command line I get a 'can't find
file' error), and now have the corresponding .aux and .log files.  However,
when I print the .aux file, it prints with a 4-5 inch left and top margin,
no right margin, and in a font nearly 1/2 inch tall.  I used the
\documentclass[10pt, letterpaper]{article}  declaration.  Is there something
else I must do (to WinShell or fpTeX) before I can use it?  What might the
problem be?

The Analog,
Mark Russell