[fptex] Installing fptex

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:30:01 +0200

But surely you can open up any text editor (I'm using xEmacs) even
notepad, and do: File -> Open -> go to directory
c:\Program Files\TeXLive\texmf-var\web2c
type in texmf.cnf in the file name edit box
chose '*.*' in the 'file of types' edit box

and the file should be open as a text file ?

Well, that should allow you to open the file. I'm not sure of what
will happen under W98 (and previous) when you will save
it (chances that whatever you will try, it will write texmf.cnf.txt
!). On the other hand, it works pretty well under W2K/XP with notepad.

Why not using (X)Emacs ? :-)

--
Fabrice