[fptex] pre-0.6 binaries

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:38:01 +0100

At 01:48 PM 1/28/2002 +0100, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
>* Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>
> > You did a great job!
>
>Thanks for such a detailed report ! My main concern is about
>stability. I need to be sure that there are no handle leaks, even
>under win9x and that it won't crash (because if it does so, it will do
>it is a very bad way).

sure, as soon as it runs ok on my machine, i'll give it to my collegue for
testing under 95/98 on some big runs (first we need to fix the pdf inclusion)

>What  is fun is  that shared objects  are  available between independent
>processes,  not  only inside the  same  run.  So if   you start 10 tex
>compilations very quickly,  the first one  will create the hash
>tables, the following ones will reuse the hash tables,
>and they are  guaranteed to be  available until the termination of the
>last process using them.

sounds good, since it makes testing while compiling in the bacjground so
much more convenient [also,

>Next time, kpathsea will be able to download files from the Internet
>(couple of weeks).

ah, the stuff you showed me at eurotex, good!

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl