[fptex] pre-0.6 binaries

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:48:00 +0100

* Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> You did a great job!

Thanks for such a detailed report ! My main concern is about
stability. I need to be sure that there are no handle leaks, even
under win9x and that it won't crash (because if it does so, it will do
it is a very bad way).

What  is fun is  that shared objects  are  available between independent
processes,  not  only inside the  same  run.  So if   you start 10 tex
compilations very quickly,  the first one  will create the hash
tables, the following ones will reuse the hash tables,
and they are  guaranteed to be  available until the termination of the
last process using them.

Next time, kpathsea will be able to download files from the Internet
(couple of weeks).

Fabrice