[fptex] install of 0.5

ALAN A DUNWELL DUNWELL@jila.colorado.edu
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:53:56 -0700

Howdy Fabrice,

I've done the wget download of files for 0.5 and I'm looking over
documentation. Really! I do that kind of thing sometimes.

-I notice that it looks like I need to install the runtime visual C++ parts
with VC6RedistSetup.exe, yes for Win98? When I tried to do this it asked me
where I wanted to put the files. I can find no information on this in the
readme file or the Knowledge Base article. should I just dump them in
c:\windows\system?

- I am doing a network installation of fpTeX. Is this VC6RedistSetup.exe
necessary for each workstation that does subsequent workstation installs?

- I already have fpTeX 0.4b1 installed on the net. The network install
information was a tad sketchy in the Help out of TeXSetup.exe. Can I make a
copy of my existing 0.4b1 and do the 0.5 install overtop or should I make a
clean new install and then move files for localtex and similar installed
additional packages? Are there additional network installation instructions
somewhere that I'm overlooking?

Please advise.
Thanks,
Alan Dunwell