[fptex] windvi and gs 6.50

Frederic Darboux darboux@purdue.edu
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:58:17 -0500

Hello

I am not sure it is relevant (I never really understood fonts with
LaTeX), but if you are using the distribution from TeX-live 5, they are
some bugs with the fonts (one seems related to the "8r.enc" you are
talking about).
Fixes available at <http://tug.org/texlive/bugs.html>.

Frederic DARBOUX

Jose Carlos Oliveira Santos wrote:

> Hi
>
>         When I got the message bellow I was happy because I thought that
> this could solve an old problem that I had, but it didn't. The problem is
> that WinDVI doesn't seem to work well when I use certain PostScript fonts,
> such as Palatino and Helvetica (but it works well with the packages Times
> and PSLaTeX). When I LaTeX the file:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{Palatino}
> \begin{document}
> Test.
> \end{document}
>
> and try to see the DVI file with WinDVI, gsftopk complains that it can't
> find "8r.enc", but it is there.
>         Any suggestions?
>
>         José Carlos Santos
>
> On 17 Jan 2001, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
>

> > Try this version :
> > ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/standalone/windvi-0.67.2-win32.zip
> > ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/standalone/gsftopk-1.19.2-win32.zip
> >
> > I also fixed a problem when gs is misconfigured in gsftopk. Say for
> > example you have your path pointing at gs6.50, but the registry key
> > pointing at gs6.01, gs can't initialize properly. So now, gsftopk
> > aborts instead to be stuck. I have not upgraded the version number
> > however.
> >
> > --
> > Fabrice

National Soil Erosion Research Laboratory
1196 SOIL Building
Purdue University
West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907-1196
USA