TeX Live 2015 - bugs and updates
Most of TeX Live is a redistribution of packages and programs from
elsewhere, primarily CTAN. So, the target for
bug reports varies according to the nature of the problem.
- If you have problems with a TeX document, e.g., a package is no
longer behaving as it used to, this needs to be reported to the package
maintainer. As a rule, package-specific fixes are not installed
directly in TL (new versions of packages should be uploaded to CTAN), or
made by TL developers.
- If you have questions about using TeX, or need help achieving a
particular result, please use the general help
- To report a bug in TeX Live installation or infrastructure, please
email the tex-live mailing
Highlights of changes
in this release (details for
If you need to use alternate binaries, the custom binary support in the TL installer may
Known issues in TeX Live 2015:
- Asymptote now requires Ghostscript 9.16, due to incompatibilities
introduced in Ghostscript; a Windows binary for gs9.16 is included in
TeX Live, and a gs9.16 package for MacOSX is available with MacTeX.
- Notes for
FreeBSD users explain some details for that platform.
- On Windows, installation may fail for a variety of reasons.
See the TeX Live on Windows page
for some symptoms and remedies.
Bug archives for the previous
release and earlier
years are still online.
$Date: 2015/06/13 15:29:43 $;