TeX Live 2016 - bugs and updates
Most of TeX Live is a redistribution of packages and programs from
elsewhere, primarily CTAN. So, the target for
bug reports varies according to the nature of the problem.
- If you have problems with a TeX document, e.g., a package is no
longer behaving as it used to, report it to the package maintainer. As
a rule, package-specific fixes are not installed directly in TL (new
versions of packages should be uploaded to CTAN), or made by TL
- If you have questions about using TeX, or need help with TeX, please
use the general help resources.
- To report a bug in TeX Live installation or infrastructure,
email the tex-live mailing
Highlights of changes
in this release (details for
If you need to use alternate binaries, the custom binary support in the TL installer may
Known issues in TeX Live 2016:
- Unknown directive ...containerchecksum error: if you get
this from tlmgr, and you are running TeX Live 2016 (according to
tlmgr --version), install the update-tlmgr-latest
per tlmgr disaster recovery.
- Notes for
FreeBSD users explain some details for that platform.
- On Windows, installation and/or various scripts and programs may
fail for a variety of reasons. See the TeX Live on Windows page for some
symptoms and remedies.
Bug archives for the previous
release and earlier
years are still online.
$Date: 2016/06/20 17:34:58 $;