[fptex] News

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
16 Jan 2001 09:37:05 +0100

* Richard Stanton <stanton@haas.berkeley.edu> writes:

> I'm still a little confused about using TeXSetup...  I downloaded
> the full package using getfptex. I ran the program with no command
> line options, selected "Custom", then selected what I wanted. In
> particular, I selected lots of the extra packages such as psutils,
> Imagick, netpbm etc. Some of these were installed and some weren't,
> and I can't quite understand why, since at first glance they all
> seem to be on my hard drive.  What am I missing? It would be great
> to be able to do the entire installation in one go, rather than
> having to go back and install lots of separate packages.

Which ones were not installed ? Which version of TeXSetup did you
use ? The 1.0.6 one should allow you to install the previously remotely available
packages without network connection. You need to reproduce the
directory structure found on the ftp server, use 'getfptex full' to
retrieve everything (huge).

Fabrice